I made a sort of soup chili/soup thing based on Three Can Soupand wanted to share because it came out really delicious!
- One can chickpeas (drained)
- One can black beans (drained)
- One can corn (drained)
- One can tomato sauce
- 2 - 4 cans water (added as needed throughout cooking)
- One onion (sub. dehydrated onion flakes for a no chopping version!)
- Two cloves garlic (sub. garlic powder for no chopping required!)
- Turkey legs that were on manager’s special that morning! You could use tofu or chicken or steak strips or anything you wanted (although fish probably won’t stand up to this way of cooking very well).
Put everything in one big pan and threw the turkey legs on top and brought to a boil, covered, and let the legs cook until they were 190 inside (about 10 - 15 min.). I pulled the legs out and separated the meat from the bone and gristle (turkey legs have a lot of that) and threw the meat and the large bones back in (bones for flavor). Then I just let it simmer on low heat for a few hours, adding water whenever it looked low, and yummy!! My girlfriend added cheese and sour cream, I added more pepper and some sriracha.
This also turns vegan and veggie really easily!